LimeSDR Levels Diagnostic
Revision as of 15:43, 19 May 2017 by AndrewBack
Diagnosing problems when LimeSDR TX/RX levels are reduced and/or different across A & B channels.
1 Check list
- Are RF matching networks identical?
- Are all A and B channel settings identical?
- Has any RF matching changes been carried out?
- Was proper ESD protection used?
2 Possible causes
- 6dB+/-1dB suggests damage to one LNA or TX pin
- >25dB suggests mechanical failure or catastrophic ESD event
- General numbers 3-15dB suggest mismatch in GUI settings or RF matching
Note that at higher frequencies, component tolerance on RF matching can cause a small gain mismatch, usually <3dB.
3 Reporting problems
- Clearly state the exact difference in gain in dB and the frequency it was measured at
- Provide details, including versions of:
- FPGA gateware and FX3 firmware
- Lime Suite
- Application software
- Wherever possible supply a Lime Suite .ini file