1 LimeSDR-USB Boards
The LimeSDR-USB is available in versions with a Micro USB Type B socket and a USB Type A plug. Both versions are identical except USB connector.
LimeSDR-USB board with Micro USB Type B socket:
LimeSDR-USB board with USB Type A plug:
2 Features and Specifications
|RF Transceiver||Lime Microsystems LMS7002M MIMO FPRF|
|FPGA||Altera Cyclone IV EP4CE40F23 – also compatible with EP4CE30F23|
|USB 3.0 controller||Cypress USB 3.0 CYUSB3014-BZXC|
|Oscillator||Rakon RPT7050A @30.72MHz|
|Continuous frequency range||100 kHz – 3.8 GHz|
|RF connection||10 U.FL connectors (6 RX, 4 TX)|
|Power Output (CW)||Up to 10dBm|
|Power Supply||Via USB connector or optional external power supply|
|Status indicators||Programmable LEDs|
|Dimensions||100mm x 60mm|
3 Getting Help
If you have questions, the MyriadRF Discourse is a best place to ask for help.
- LimeSDR-USB hardware description - LimeSDR-USB hardware description
- LimeSDR-USB driver installation description - LimeSDR-USB USB driver installation description
- Getting Started with LimeSDR-USB and LimeSuiteGUI - Using LimeSDR-USB board with LimeSuiteGUI software
LimeSDR-USB User Guide - LimeSDR-USB hardware description (old)
- LimeSDR-USB Quick Test - How to check if LimeSDR-USB is working correctly
- LimeSDR-USB HF Performance - LimeSDR-USB board performance in HF band and RF network modification
- Acrylic Case and Assembly Guide - Acrylic Case Description and Assembly Guide
- LMS7002M (Mask 1) Transceiver Calibration - LMS7002Mr3 calibration guide, using internal MCU
- LimeSDR Made Simple Part 1: Introduction - First post in a series that will be useful to those getting up to speed with the LimeSDR-USB, its LMS7002M FPRF transceiver, Lime Suite and associated APIs
- LimeSDR Made Simple Part 2: matching, LMS7002M RX & I/Q - Second post in a series that will be useful to those getting up to speed with the LimeSDR-USB, its LMS7002M FPRF transceiver, Lime Suite and associated APIs
- LimeSDR Made Simple Part 3: A Practical Example - Third post in a series that will be useful to those getting up to speed with the LimeSDR-USB, its LMS7002M FPRF transceiver, Lime Suite and associated APIs
- LimeSDR Made Simple Part 4: to Pothos and Beyond - Creating an FM receiver using Pothos
5 USB Drivers
Windows only, OSX and Linux users do not need to install drivers for USB support. Follow driver installation instructions in Driver Installation Documentation.
The LimeSuiteGUI is a powerful tool for configuring and debugging hardware platforms that are based around the LMS7002M transceiver chip. It allows you to view, edit, save and load the state of LMS7002M registers, perform board microcontroller firmware and FPGA gateware updates, and view FFT plots and configure various other on-board modules.
6.1.1 LimeSuiteGUI for Windows
The latest pre-compiled executable is LimeSuiteGUI_20170629_6436c7.exe.
All the previous versions may be found here.
6.1.2 LimeSuiteGUI for other Operating Systems
How to build LimeSuiteGUI code from sources for other operating systems like Linux and OSX as well as Windows is explained here.
7 USB3 MCU and FPGA Binaries
Here are the links to pre-compiled MCU firmware and FPGA gateware (bitstream):
8 Board Design Files
Here are links to the schematic, PCB project and BOM:
- LimeSDR-USB 1.4v plug version Schematic (PDF)
- LimeSDR-USB 1.4v socket version Schematic (PDF)
- LimeSDR-USB 1.4v plug version PCB project (Altium project)
- LimeSDR-USB 1.4v socket version PCB project (Altium project)
- LimeSDR-USB 1.4v plug version BOM (XLS)
- LimeSDR-USB 1.4v socket version BOM (XLS)
9 Additional Components
Here is a list of additional components to be used with LimeSDR-USB board.
10 See Also