Getting Started with the LimeNET-Micro
1 Getting Started with LimeNET-Micro
1.1 Basic setup
To get LimeNET-Micro board up and running:
- Set “Power selection” jumper J27 to “A” position (pins 5-6, 5V micro USB power selection);
- Connect mouse and keyboard to J10 USB connectors;
- Connect monitor cable to J19 HDMI connector;
- Insert CM3 module into J13 socket (or CM3(L) module into J13 and uSD card into J16 slot).
- Connect power adapter (5V, 2A-3A) to micro USB connector J15.
1.2 FPGA programming
Intel MAX10 FPGA can be programmed using JTAG adapter such as Intel FPGA USB Download Cable (formerly known as Altera USB-Blaster download cable). LimeNET-Micro board has two different size and pin count JTAG headers (J4 - 10pin 0.05” pitch header and J3 - 7pin 0.1” pitch edge connector). Additional cable adapter is needed to connect download cable to LimeNET-Micro board because Intel FPGA USB Download Cable comes with 10-pin, 0.1” pitch female connector.